Saturday, October 24, 2009

Last show and a half at Branson

Well..... I may have to re-evaluate my review of the Brett family show. First, let me describe the shows we went to today. This morning, we took the $10 tickets I had purchased from a tourist, and we went to see the morning show of Yacov Smirnoff. The tickets were good! That was the last good thing about the show as far as I am concerned. His jokes were old, his "Russian" dancers were not I think, and overall the show was of a quality that we left at intermission.

This evening, we went to the Jim Stafford show. Cost almost $80 for us to see it. We got great seats, but the show was disappointing. He did, however, have two real Russian dancers that were very good. The show was very slow, and he used his 12 year old daughter and his 16 year old son as stage acts playing the piano (one at a time). They were OK for their age, but I didn't pay $80 to hear amateurs perform (several times each). He played some guitar (he used to be very good), and did not really attempt to sing. He was mostly telling jokes in his characteristic way.

I have come to the conclusion that the better shows are probably the younger people in newer shows, and not the old timers trying to live on their reputation from 20 years ago. SIX was fabulous! The Brett family was good, especially the father who had a very good voice. The other two shows today were real disappointments, and I won't recommend them. I wish we had time to see some other, newer shows, but we have to drive to Cotter tomorrow to meet a friend who is coming up from Houston to go fishing with me. We have seen a few scattered colorful trees, but the color is mostly past peak here. I will post pictures when we get some good ones. Later!

No comments: