Wednesday, June 17, 2009

We drove across Wyoming today on I-80. It has been raining out here, and the praries are green for the most part. Lots of "hills". I have one of those mpg gauges in the truck that gives average gas milage since the last time it was zeroed. I usually get about 12mpg while towing the trailer, but was only getting about 8! Eventually, we passed a sign that named some pass and it said the altitude was 8700 feet. We had climbed 2700 feet that morning. In addition, there was a 20 to 40 mph head wind. I saw the reason for the poor mileage.

We are camped tonight in Rock Springs, WY. Tomorrow, we will head into Idaho and some real mountains. Then we should have some nice photos to post. We took a few shots today but I haven't put them into the computer yet. More later. Dutch

No comments: